Getting started with Rake and .NET is actually childs play.
- Download the Ruby for windows one click installer.
- Install it
Great, you've now got everything you need installed on your machine and are ready to start using Rake. All that's left to do now is create a simple Rakefile and run it.
- Open any .NET solution you've been working on recently in Visual Studio.
- Add a solution item called Rakefile.rb (type is text file)
- Paste in the following and save
Some rake code:
task :default => :welcome task :welcome do sh "echo Rake is up and running. Hurrah!" end
- Open a command prompt (Start->Run->Cmd)
cd c:\Code\MySolutionFolder(obviously put your own path in)
If you see this, you've got a working installation of Rake.
echo Rake is up and running. Hurrah! Rake is up and running. Hurrah!